In 2019 there is no doubt that for a business to succeed it must have a website. And not just a website but a well-designed website. Building a new website for your business should not be something to be taken lightly. A website is the face of your business and it is something that requires some planning and you need to make wise decisions with regards to going custom or using WordPress.
One of the vital decision that you have to make is decide if you want your business to use a custom web design or you want it to use ready built platform like the most used one, WordPress. If you opt for WordPress, in most cases you will not need to hire a seasoned web designer or coder. Perhaps that is why a lot of websites are using WordPress out there. Over 25 percent of the websites on the internet use WordPress and that is no small number considering the number of website on the web. But is it really the best choice? Keep reading and you will find out. Spoiler alert, it is not…
Let us talk about WordPress web design and why most people tend to think that it is the best choice. WordPress is a free website building tool that was primarily designed for blogs but with years it grew to become a complex web building tool. The basic reason why a lot of people choose WordPress is that you don’t need to be a tech guru to design a WordPress website design. You actually don’t need to know a lot about programming languages, however many businesses do opt to contact a web designing agency such as us to help out due to complex requirements which arise, or a general lack of understanding of how to build a WordPress site.
A WordPress website is lot easier to create a website compared to custom web design because the CMS is already developed and you just need to concentrate on content. Also, WordPress has a library of free and paid themes so you will not need to struggle creating your theme as you can just pick one from the library and just like that you change the look of your website, or hire an agency such as ours to do this for you.
The WordPress themes are responsive meaning that your website will be compatible with mobile devices which is very important considering the fact that most people access the internet using their phones. The themes are very user friendly allowing the visitors to have a wonderful experience while browsing through your website.
Why Not Just Go For Free WordPress?
Even though the deal sounds too sweet to decline, WordPress might still be the best choice and here is why.
- Yes, you get to pick a theme from the library but you might find it very difficult to customize the theme to your preferences. The themes and templates that most people use to design their websites have been sold thousands of times and this means your website will be sharing a design with other websites on the web which I believe most of you won’t love it.
- WordPress usually release updates regularly but WordPress sites are still very vulnerable to hackers. This means your website will require regular maintenance if you want it to be safe from the attackers. You will require an expert to help you install this updates and that’s means using more money. It can actually end up end up costing you more money than having a custom web design.
Why Custom Web Design?
Building a website from scratch will typically take more time and probably more money compared to a WordPress website. This is because the website will be designed by professionals according to your preferences and according to the needs of your business. It needs to be created expertly in order to fit the needs of your business. The developers will also be there if the website needs any changes. If you choose a custom web design you will enjoy the following benefits.
- When your website is designed from scratch, the developers will make sure that as unique as possible. The developers will integrate some unique functionality that cannot be found on WordPress website.
- When you build your website from scratch, it is very likely to rank high on google search results because most of custom web designs designed by professionals are SEO friendly and as you probably already know you will need your website to rank high if you want your it to be exposed to more people.
- A custom built website will include the branding of your business or company because it is uniquely designed according to the needs of your business. This will make your website stand out among the thousands that are on the web and it will certainly be a better website than that of your competitor.
- A custom website is able to grow with your company. This simply means that whenever you need to make any changes in future, you can just contact the agency or professional who designed the website for you and it will be redesigned accordingly.
- You cannot compare the support that comes along with a custom built website with the support from a WordPress website. A custom built website has more support because the website is built by a professional designer who of course specializes with all types of websites and so if a problem occurs he or she can always be contacted to help you out.
Having said that, a custom built website is an excellent choice for any business as to start with you will have all proprietary rights and ownership over the website design and associated files and as you can see it has a lot of benefits to your business. Companies such as MangoMatter Media also provide great services in the space.
Thought Media specializes in WordPress web design as well as custom website design, and typically makes recommendations after performing an initial needs analysis by phone with a business. If you need any help you can be sure to get in touch with us. If you would like to begin the planning process please reach out to discuss! Toll Free 1 (800) 916 3864. Thank you for reading!